Blog Archive

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

When We Met: Snowflake #2

The One Who Was Not His Fucking Khakis

When we met, it wasn't a typical salutation. I had given you a hug before I even knew your name and this was okay perhaps because we had already known each other. Maybe we were kindred spirits. Serendipitously, our paths crossed again and after a week or two of mis-matched scheduling we finally went for tea.

And that tea was some of the best I'd ever had. My clove was enlightening but couldn't have carried our conversation any better. I would be lying if I were to say I hadn't all the desire in the world to explore you. The energy of the unknown drew us both in and let us ride on the same wave length. And at the end of the evening, before both of us were ready to retire, we had to pull away like the magnets we were.

It's still funny, this feeling inside. I'm not one of those who can or wants to easily hide.

1 comment: