Blog Archive

Saturday, July 21, 2012

The Proposal

The Proposal


As for my birth,
I never asked for this flesh
Nor did I choose my soul.
Still I don’t know where it
Came from.

Might you still love me
After you find societies
Labels of imperfections
Pen revised on me?

Perhaps you could care
To like what I have
Done with it
Verses what I have been give

Could you find me attractive,
Sexy even when my skin sags,
When my skin rips and cracks
Like used paper after so many stories?

What about when my eyes
Begin to glaze because death is near
And I must retreat to wherein baby lingerie
When my teeth are made of china doll?

Are you okay not having children?
Would you stay after I tell you
I aborted our fist child last month?
Would you still want an honest girl?

Would you mind monogamy after
All those years…
And thinking of which, are you
Prepared to be the first to go
Considering our age difference?

We hold our smiles as high
As you libido
But when that begins to fail
Will frowns a rise

Time has a way to taint love
These words may accomplish the same
Still, prolonging or disregarding my concerns:
Will you marry me?

No comments:

Post a Comment